samedi, octobre 25

Part 2 over, begin Part 3

I was gonna start a freewrite with this right after the post where I talked about Part 2 beginning and where I implied I would only separate my Japan story into two parts, but Part 2 ended pretty quickly, and I can't remember for what specific reason I was thinking that. So I'll extend Part 2 to today and call it a transitional period, or a transitional Part if you will. This is the end of Midterm Week 1. Midterm Week 0 was last week. Midterm Week 2 is next week (i.e. there's no gap).

From the above, you might think it's kind of odd the way I think about things. Well, you're right. But it works out somehow.

Today, after a 10 AM midterm and a pretty interesting 1 PM sosh class, I played a little frisbee and went to Ring with a really big group of people whose number changed pretty much every 5 minutes. I came back with my clothes (including my hat) totally smelling like tobacco, and also my bag. But I will never forget singing 恋のダンスサイト, 恋愛レボリューション21, and 恋のブチアゲ♂天国 with a bunch of Japanese girls that all knew the songs AND the dances to them. I won't ever!!! forget how they shouted out all the parts that were shouted out by the original singers perfectly and how they actually managed to hit the pitches. And all of this while dancing it all out. I love Japan. People sing, and they actually try genuinely to sing (and they do well at it) and have a good time, and they don't even have to drink to do it. Why is this awkward in America? Why??? Ah well...

If I don't return to Japan next semester, karaoke will definitely be one of the things I miss the most. By the way, I have some of that stuff on video, including the end half of 恋のダンスサイト, which is really, really entertaining. What a long note. Anyway, I'll try to put it online.

I also sang 夏祭り by Whiteberry and A.D.D.P. by m-flo loves MONDAY満ちる. I pretty much went through the list of tracks that I knew. The one with the ♂ symbol in it I sang last time, and it figures that Trey (who was the only one also there last time) walked in while we were singing it, when he didn't even do karaoke at all this time and accordingly hardly came to the room. ANYWAY, I'm tired, zzz-y from all of this typing and stuff. I tried to shampoo my hair in the toiletry sink (it's not in the "bathroom", as the toilet's not there and neither is the bath, so I can't really call it the bathroom sink) but that didn't get rid of the rancid tobacco smell. It will probably affect my breathing negatively tomorrow. Wow, I wonder how fresh the air will smell when I get back to America!

America, where I will still long for Japan. But I can't imagine how some of these professors have stayed here for years and years (e.g. 20 years) and never gone back. How's that possible?

It's bedtime, g'night.
-Alex

1 commentaire:

Alex a dit…

Oh, and I forgot the song that the Japanese girls sang before I got to do anything (but I would join them on this one, too): WILLY USE A BILLY, BOY... by E-ROTIC. Best. choice. EVER!