jeudi, octobre 30

Low point

My body this year has seemed to become more susceptible to bacteria. I'm not sure what it is, but this is the third time this year I've needed a set of antibiotics, and it's probably been different antibiotics each time. But yeah, yesterday when I was at school I suddenly got really, really sick: the fever that came to my head was so severe that I was close to fainting, and I had to get someone at the office to take me to the hospital again. (In Japan, if you need to see a doctor, you go to the local hospital. Hence, you don't say you're going to the doctor's, but you say you're going to the 病院 (byouin, hospital)) So I slept on and off for about 14 to 15 hours from early last night to about 10:30 AM today, and I haven't slept since. I have to be awake at some point, right? Well, I've been taking the medicine and it's worked, so I'm a little better now, but still this sucks. For one thing, I intended to get a halloween costume yesterday, and I can't do that today either, because my family would be very concerned if I went out at this time. So I'm staying here. Another thing is that I can't watch the video I was intending to watch yesterday or today for Japanese class, on which I have a quiz tomorrow. So if I come to class tomorrow, which I probably will (I recover pretty quickly), well, yeah. I'll email my teacher about that tonight. Dammit, if I could go out I could probably rent the video or buy it really cheap, really quickly.

The cause of me getting sick might have been food poisoning. I don't know what it was, anyway. It came on pretty fast and for no evident reason. I thought the doctor said it was food poisoning from the fish I ate last night, though, and that caused some unwelcome confusion with my host family again. Oh, joy.

So I'm hoping not to miss Halloween. I'm probably in no shape to go partying, though. We've got a whole weekend, furthermore: not including tomorrow, this should be three good days of rest (and getting a midterm paper, an unexpectedly low five to six pages, done). Let me tell you, though: this DOES make me miss home. In those four or five episodes of sleep I had last night, I dreamt myself being in various places all related to home. No specific memories, though. I did however remember some of them the instant I woke up, but I forgot them over the course of the day. It's kind of sad that I forgot them, and I don't mean "it's kind of sad" in the sense that "it's pathetic" but rather in that it is a little sad.

But I'm recovering. I do want to go back to Kyoto this weekend; it seems like it's been at least 2 weeks!

Aucun commentaire: