samedi, octobre 18

Consider myself lucky

There are times when I'm so at peace here, and there are times when I'm so not. Unfortunately, the latter times hit unpredictably, and they usually have to do with allergies here at home. But tonight I was still at peace, even though that almost didn't remain through the night. Yes. I can control my 感動!

Today I went to school on a 4-2 night, which is basically when I get 4 hours of sleep, wake up due to allergies, and then get two more hours, instead of sleeping 8 all the way through. Then, frisbee from 2:20 to 4:50, a break, some more frisbee, dinner, and karaoke at this awesome place I had actually not been to yet called Ring. Ann and I sang みかん by モーニング娘。, and I introduced the guys (and gals) to 恋のぶちあげトランス or whatever the hell it's called by Maeken Trance Project. Also involved in the fun were songs like Everytime We Touch by Cascada, Across the Sea by Weezer (THANK YOU Colin for introducing me to that hilarious song), I'm Not Okay (I Promise) by My Chemical Romance (my fault), and several other tunes I really can't remember. We loved those songs! Or at least singing them. And by God, my voice will be gone in the morning.

After complications, we ended up all going to the Seminar Houses, and I ended up riding back and not really staying around there because, um, there aren't any bathroom facilities over there that are available to me. I'm not allowed in the Seminar Houses as a guest after 11 or 10 or whatever and I don't want to be thrown out of Japan because I was pissing in a bush. That would just be dumb. So I'm still here. Yay!

What's funny is, I did end up going to Starbucks Coffee and getting a decent blueberry muffin just before I headed home. The thing is, regular blueberry muffins in the U.S. are generally crap, because they end up putting too much artificial stuff and fat into it to try to make it taste better, when the effect is it tastes worse and you feel bad for eating it. Not here. Thank God for Japan.

And again, this is another one of those days where I can't imagine myself leaving here. And I'm not entirely convinced that I should. I've gotten over the minor and major crises that I've come across here so well, and I really haven't made a good, good Japanese friend yet that I keep in contact with fairly consistently and go out places with on weekends. There's frisbee, but outside of frisbee I barely see the Japanese people I know from there. We'll see how it goes later. It's hard to make friendships with people with whom communication is slower than usual, I think. Or maybe I'm just shy.

I think it's that. Time to get over my shyness. We'll see.

I noticed when I lifted my shirt up in the mirror of one of the school bathrooms to, well, check myself out (I'm somewhat vain), that I look paler than usual under there, under the shirt I mean. I really do wonder what's happened to my weight. I can't really be sure, but the size of my stomach hasn't changed relative to the size of other parts of my body. That is, it may not be the only thing that's shrinking. Oh, Japan. You really do have to shrink sometimes to adjust to this society.

I'm rambling. But what can I say? I'm satisfied. I really need to take a shower, though.

NAH.
Bed!

Alex

1 commentaire:

Alex a dit…

Oh, and I forgot we sang "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" by Good Charlotte. It's been so long since I've heard that, but that was probably the most fun. Yesss.