vendredi, septembre 12

More frisbee

Yeah, I forgot to mention in the last freewrite that we were practicing our lefty forehands, none of us lefties, and the Japanese guys pretty much figured out how to do it right away. I tried again today and I still can't do it. I just added basically this little bit to the last freewrite, er, blog entry, so, it's there now. Complete.

And I'm completely exhausted. My breath is short right now because I'm exercising too much. Also, the tap water tastes as though it were mixed with perfume, which isn't good. If it's not cold enough, it tastes like tobacco. Oh, and there goes my right ear, starting to hurt. This is the first time in a while one of my ears has started to hurt. I think I need to go back to relaxing again. Hopefully I won't be walking amok all across Kyoto tomorrow. The four of us Tufts-Kansai people are getting together with the Tufts-Columbia people (Columbia has a program in Kyoto) in Kyoto, and the last time I was in Kyoto, I was walking around way too much led by three female tour guides, two of whom were wearing high-heels. Geez.

The last three days, this has been my routine: Wake up at 7:30 (today, 8:30), bike vehemently to school and get there in 15 minutes, which is more than early enough to get to my first class at 9:00 (today, 10:00), in which time I ascend a hill ridiculously steep and basically run out of breath before I reach the top (and the point at which I run out of breath has gotten earlier and earlier), cross the street, and bike a straight shot to the South Gate, and then huff it up two slight inclines, continuing to pedal faster so that I can coast into the bike parking lot, go to classes, sit around in the lounge sometimes, sometimes bored, sometimes conversing with a lively group of people, go to 7-Eleven at least once (if you had told me I'd be going to 7-eleven every day in Japan to eat delicious bread products I would've never believed you), eat usually the same カツ丼(katsu don) lunch every time, play frisbee for 50 minutes with an awesome group of people, including both 日本人 and 外人 (Japanese people and foreigners), toss for another 50 minutes, and leave on my bike, pedaling faster and faster until I get to the hill where eventually I don't have to pedal anymore, hand on the brake to make sure I don't fall into the traffic coming up behind me, balance steady to make sure I don't flip over onto the sidewalk, another smaller hill, the downtown area, and home, where I eat dinner, saying いただきます (itadakimasu, humble form of "I receive") at the beginning and ごちそうさまでした (gochisousamadeshita, it was delicious) once I'm done, do stomach crunches on the floor of the room where the washing machine is (I think this is why I'm sneezing a lot), take as cold of a shower as possible (regrettably 35ºC, as displayed by the water temperature control panel, is not cold enough, and that's as low as it goes), and go to bed, maybe sneezing beforehand, and sleep through the night (except for last night when I woke up and had to sneeze a LOT). Hopefully tonight the sneezing will change, because I intend on cleaning my room.

Tomorrow, it's 京都(Kyoto) time.

Aucun commentaire: