lundi, novembre 17

Korien featuring Tokyo

This title is like saying Nate Dogg (gangsta... singer, uhh, who was famous primarily for his appearances on other people's songs) featuring Barbra Streisand. It's the sort of thing the word "juxtaposition" was invented for.

But that's how my mind worked today. I'm supposed to be completing plans to go to Tokyo for the long weekend, but instead of resolving to get that done this afternoon (though I still have time to do it tonight, as it's slightly less than 4 hours before midnight) the first thing on my mind was going to Korien, a random suburb three train stops away by local train and one stop away by the brand-spanking-new purple train (YES) where I got a 1000 yen haircut, which is slightly more than 10 dollars thanks to ingenious central economic planning. And it was possibly the easiest, most satisfying haircut I have ever had. Maybe I should just get my haircuts in Japan from now on. That was my "new wardrobe" policy for the last three years, right? (I basically decided I would wait until I returned to Japan, which took three years, until I would add substantially to my wardrobe.)

If that wasn't enough of a reason to get me to love Korien--and by the way, thank you Tim for telling me about the haircut place--how about the amaaaazing cinnamon donut I had at the bakery? I wish I bought, like, 5. I will probably stop off there if I go to Osaka again. No, I'll probably spend 400 yen just to go there, make dollar-money into donut-money and go back. But it was so good! Picture having a cinnamon donut, except it being actually good. ...Okay, that image does lack a little in description. Picture a soft, soft donut with cinnamon sugar sprinkled more than adequately all over it, and imagine that donut being as fresh as fried dough that you got at one of those places at Salisbury Beach two seconds ago. (I say fried dough because you generally spread cinnamon sugar all over that stuff.) It's like fried dough, except even better!!! And cheaper and healthier (because it's Japan). I need to buy my 5 donuts tomorrow.

But oh, wait. There's Tokyo plans.

Aw, hell, what's a few seconds re-cherishing the taste of a Japanese donut?

Aucun commentaire: